LIFE YOUR WAY

How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution

Shop Your Way has partners and services to help you actually keep your resolution in 2019.

Only 8% of people keep their New Year’s Resolutions. That means that the other 92% don’t. Have you ever tried to set a goal, but gave up on it during the year? Clearly, you’re not alone.

The second week of February is considered the ‘resolution drop-off’, according to Travel + Leisure. Nearly 80% of New Year’s Resolutions fail during this time. The gym empties out, vacations plans are put on hold, clutter never quite leaves the house, and potato chips find their way back into cabinets. And then, before you know it, the year is over.

Why does this happen? According to Business Insider, it’s all in our heads. We start to think our resolutions will be too hard to keep, and eventually, we give up on them.

Not everyone makes a New Year’s Resolution, but those who do tend to have similar goals:

Getting in Shape/Living Healthier
Health and fitness-related resolutions are some of the most popular. According to a poll by Statista, 45% of people who made a New Year’s Resolution in 2018 wanted to lose weight or get more exercise. People see the New Year as an opportunity to start over and revamp their lifestyle.

If you’ve tried this, you’ll know that starting a fitness journey can be overwhelming. What do you need? How do you start? How do you decide what to buy? Imagining getting all the stuff you need while saving time. What if there was someone who could guide you through it all and motivate you to stay on track?

Shop Your Way can match you with a Personal Shopper for FREE. Don’t let the name fool you, they can do more than just shop. Your Personal Shopper can find you products, deals, and even book appointments for you. Need a new yoga mat? Want to schedule that Pilates class? All you have to do is ask.

Get moving for free today HERE. 

But wait, it gets even better: You can earn more CASHBACK in points with certain fitness brands (Fitbit and Under Armour get you 10% CASHBACK in points and Nike gets you 4%, just to name a few). So when you’re shopping around (or when your Personal Shopper is doing some browsing for you), you could get some extra points on some great finds.

Traveling More

Last year, 24% of people said they wanted to travel more in 2018. However, planning a vacation can be difficult. Flights, hotels, activities, budgeting…all in attempt to get away from the stress of everyday life. A lot of people (a whopping 40%, according to Wyndham Vacation Rentals) end up cancelling their vacations due to stress or lack of planning. It’s the cruel irony of vacationing: planning to relax can be just as stressful.

Luckily, Shop Your Way makes travel more rewarding. With Shop Your Way Hotels, you can earn up to $100 CASHBACK in points for each night you stay. Taking a road trip? Link your Shop Your Way account with GasBuddy to earn more CASHBACK in points on your fill ups at participating gas stations. (Oh, and don’t forget about all the other ways you can earn rewards- Using Expedia to book a flight can get you 3% CASHBACK in points).

 Being Smarter with Money

2018 was the year everyone wanted to be smarter with money. 53% of people wanted to save more, spend less, improve their credit, and pay off debt. If you’ve done this (or tried to do it), you’ll know that maintaining financial health is way easier said than done. 

Shop Your Way’s new service Credit Confidence, powered by industry leader LendingTree, is a free tool that monitors your credit and alerts you to changes in your credit score. It can also compare loans and provide you with educational materials to make 2019 your year for financial health.

No matter what your resolution, Shop Your Way can save you time and money by making it more rewarding to live your everyday life.

Shop Your Way

Add comment

ARCHIVES

CATEGORIES